CUSTOM SIZE WILL SHOW AS BACKORDERED BECAUSE IT HAS TO BE MADE
The cart will indicate the item is on Backordered and you can check out normally. Screens are made weekly. Depending on when you order, the wait for the order to be shipped out could be up to a week. We will ship your whole order at once so if you want your other items shipped separately, please order them separately.
- No larger than 20" x 20" (Makes it too cumbersome and pricey to ship).
- DO NOT GIVE US YOUR LITTER BOX DIMENSIONS, NOR ASK US TO CHECK OUT A LITTER BOX ONLINE AND FIGURE OUT THE DIMENSIONS FOR YOU. SEE BELOW SO YOU UNDERSTAND WHY THAT WON'T WORK.
- If you need anything larger, then order 2 smaller screens or 2 custom smaller size screens that will fit your XL box.
- We cannot create triangles or other shapes
- CUSTOM SCREEN ORDERS CANNOT BE CANCELLED AFTER THE SCREEN(S) ARE MADE.
- Please measure from the INSIDE of the box about an 1" up from the bottom, or where you estimate the screen will sit on top of litter. (some people like less, others like more).
- Enter the dimensions on the product page when you order.
- For those that have the large litter box from a few years ago (the square blue, green and cream), the measurements are 15 x 11 Product
This screen sits directly on litter. It is not a raised type of screen --- please see the video to see how it works.
Check out our Product Feature VIDEO about the Litter Screen on YouTube
We created this for our own bunnies many years ago, and it's still in great shape. It saved us money on litter and kept our bunnies feet clean, so now we've decided to share what's worked for us, with you! As we all know rabbits like to get into their box not only to do their "business" but to also hang out and eat hay. They will get in and out many times throughout one 24 hour period. By doing this, the unused litter gets mixed with the urine soaked litter, poos and hay pieces, making it difficult to scoop the bad without wasting a lot of the good. With the screen, it allows the urine to soak through into a nice neat confined area which is easy to scoop up, and the poos sit on top of the screen, making them easy to throw out, while preserving the litter below.
If you use sheets of paper or shredded paper for litter, this screen will not work well with it.-- Needs to be an absorbent litter like compressed pellets of paper or wood. Plus, the fact it is so easy to just lift the screen and dump the poos daily makes it a cleaner place for your bunnies to hang out in. And if your bunny is a "digger" and loves to make a mess of his habitat, then this is the perfect solution. When you put hay in the box like we do, the screen makes it even that much easier to separate it all and then just scoop out the soaked litter spots. The galvanized metal handles acidic aspect of urine very well, and the tightly woven mesh screen makes it easier on bunnies sensitive hocks. We've had the same litter box screen for over five years now and it's going strong--and with no less than two bunnies at one ti me it gets a lot of action! Plus, it has held up very well against our scrub brushes and soaking when needed.
- IF you have a larger bunny, a rex breed, or a bunny that likes to hang out in the litter box, then we advise you to put a a little hay over the screen (as we did in the video) so that your bunnies feet are fully protected.
- When Cleaning with Vinegar: Do not soak in vinegar mixture more than a minute at a time otherwise over time, if you leave even galvanized screens in vinegar or vinegar mixture for long periods, it will erode at that galvanized coating