SCREENS ARE MADE TO ORDER. The screens are made weekly. Depending on when you order, the wait for the order to be shipped out could be 7 -10. Many times a label will be created and set aside until the the screen is made and order is ready to be shipped. No tracking will show then.
Litter Box Screen BinkyBunny Pre-order Instructions:
The screen shows sold out, but you can still add the screen to your cart. The cart will indicate the item is on pre-order and you can check out normally.
- Screens are made weekly (Usually on the weekend).
- Depending on when you order, the wait for the order to be shipped out could be up to a week.
- We ship your whole order at once so if you want your other items shipped separately, please order them separately.
- These fit the litter boxes we sell, but you can order them together and get a slight discount by ordering the LITTER BOX & SCREEN KIT
- If you need a special size, check out our CUSTOM SCREENS.
- This screen sits directly on litter. It is not a raised type of screen --- please see the video to see how it works.
- Check out our Product Feature video about the Litter Screen on YouTube
We created this for our own bunnies many years ago, and it's still in great shape. It saved us money on litter and kept our bunnies feet clean, so now we've decided to share what's worked for us, with you! As we all know rabbits like to get into their box not only to do their "business" but to also hang out and eat hay. They will get in and out many times throughout one 24 hour period. By doing this, the unused litter gets mixed with the urine soaked litter, poos and hay pieces, making it difficult to scoop the bad without wasting a lot of the good. With the screen, it allows the urine to soak through into a nice neat confined area which is easy to scoop up, and the poos sit on top of the screen, making them easy to throw out, while preserving the litter below.
If you use sheets of paper or shredded paper for litter, this screen will not work well with it.-- Needs to be an absorbent litter like compressed pellets of paper or wood. Plus, the fact it is so easy to just lift the screen and dump the poos daily makes it a cleaner place for your bunnies to hang out in. And if your bunny is a "digger" and loves to make a mess of his habitat, then this is the perfect solution. When you put hay in the box like we do, the screen makes it even that much easier to separate it all and then just scoop out the soaked litter spots. The galvanized metal handles acidic aspect of urine very well, and the tightly woven mesh screen makes it easier on bunnies sensitive hocks.
IF you have a larger bunny, a rex breed, or a bunny that likes to hang out in the litter box, then we advise you to put a a little hay over the screen (as we did in the video) so that your bunnies feet are fully protected. When Cleaning with Vinegar: Do not soak in vinegar mixture more than a minute at a time otherwise over time, if you leave even galvanized screens in vinegar or vinegar mixture for long periods, it will erode at that galvanized coating.
- Small - 11 3/4" x 8" x 1/16"
- Medium - 13 1/2" x 8 3/4" x 1/16"
- Large - 15 1/2"x 11 1/2" x 1/16"