Oxbow Oat Hay is harvested before the oat develops into a seed the way small herbivores need it and like it! Oat Hay, like all grass hay, meets the nutritional needs of herbivores with high fiber and low protein. This appealing alternative contains savory husks full of both flavor and fiber, making it a favorite for many pets. Blend Oat Hay with other Oxbow grass hays to create a nutty-tasting and nutritious combination. The stage of maturity at harvest determines the development of the seed head. If the hay is harvested immaturely, at the early bloom stage, the actual oat kernel is not mature. The seed heads consist primarily of oat husks, which are rich in fiber. It is at this early stage that Oxbow harvests its Oat Hay . The result is light green/tan hay with flaky oat husks at the top. Although there is no mature oat kernel present, the hay smells like oats and guinea pigs and rabbits love it. Oat Hay is companion forage that is similar in nutritional analysis to the western timothy. Your animals will love the immature oat grain that is contained in the seed head and will benefit greatly from the fiber in the leaf and stem. Oat Hay is a good source of fiber and also gives variety to your animal's diet. This product also makes a good bedding alternative to wheat straw.
- Growing Animals: Unlimited amounts
- Mature Animals: Unlimited amounts
- Fill an infant wading pool with oat hay and let the guinea pigs loose.
- Rabbits like to eat hay in their litter box.
- Fill a cardboard tube, basket or animal-safe toy with hay and place it in your pet's favorite spot.
- Put a layer of hay on the bottom of the cage and hide food/treats in the hay for foraging.
- Put hay everywhere: the hutch, the corner, behind the couch, etc...
- Crunchy texture and savory flavor pets love
- Harvested fresh from our family of farms
- Hand-sorted and hand-packed with care
- Provides essential fiber to support digestive & dental health
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- Size: 15 oz.
100% Oat Hay. Preservative and Additive Free. Loose Hay contains stems, leaves, and limited seed heads.
- Crude Protein min 7.0%
- Crude Fat min 1.50%
- Crude Fiber max 30.0%
- Moisture max 15.0%