We now carry the 40 oz size to get more bang for your buck! Oxbow Alfalfa Hay is a high-fiber legume hay with the same long-strand fiber found in grass hays, but with more protein, energy and calcium. This hay is perfect for young or lactating animals that need concentrated nutrition. The succulent taste stimulates the appetite of ill or post-surgical animals. Once an animal reaches adulthood or completes recovery, this nutritious forage should be replaced with a grass hay.
ABOUT ALFALFA HAY:
Alfalfa Hay is a high-fiber legume forage hay that is sometimes called the "Queen of Forages". It differs from grass hays such as timothy, orchard grass and brome (type of hay) in the leaf, stem, and root structure. Alfalfa Hay is legume hay and the protein, calcium and energy content are higher than in grass hay. Because we take special care and bale at night, you will find that Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay have a soft stem with the leaves attached.
Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay is an outstanding feed for young animals. It contains more crude protein, digestible energy, and calcium levels than any other forage. In addition, it has the fiber content needed for normal digestive functioning. Alfalfa provides the essential calcium necessary for growing bones. Alfalfa is also a source of important minerals, including phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, iron, zinc and selenium.
- Due to it's succulent taste, Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay can be used as an appetite stimulant when an animal is ill or for post surgical patients. Because it is high in fiber, a small pinch can be given as a treat.
- Oxbow's Alfalfa Hay should not be fed to all animals. But if used carefully, in certain situations, it can be a valuable tool in nutritional management.
- Growing, pregnant, or nursing pets: Place large handfuls of alfalfa hay in your pet's habitat daily. Mature pets: Offer a pinch of alfalfa as a treat. Mix different grass hays together to enrich your pet's diet. Try all tastes and textures to discover your pet's favorite.
- Crunchy texture and savory flavor pets love
- Harvested fresh from our family of farms
- Grown specifically for small pets
- High in fiber for digestive & dental health
- Premium Oxbow quality
- 100% Alfalfa Hay. Preservative and additive free. Loose hay contains stems, leaves, and limited seed heads.
- Weight: 15 oz
- Crude Protein (min) 16.00%
- Crude Fat (min) 1.50%
- Crude Fiber (max) 32.00%
- Moisture (max) 15.00%