Orchard Grass Hay - 9 lb. (Ships Separately)
SORRY, we have run out of stock, please add your email address by clicking the button below. We will notify you as soon as it's back in stock.
Due to the weight and size, this item ships separately. We are on the West Coast - so yes, this may be pricey to send to the East Coast. We do not pad or make any $$ on the shipping. We just try to keep the product price as low as we can.
HOW TO SAVE ON SHIPPING IF YOU JUST WANT TO ORDER A FEW OTHER LIGHT WEIGHT THINGS WITH THIS: Place a separate order so that you will have shipping options, otherwise this order will be defaulted to the carrier that is cheapest for the 9 lb. box of hay (Fedex Ground) and that's not always cheapest for other products under 5 lb..
Animals love the sweet smell and taste of leafy Oxbow Orchard Grass Hay, and that makes it a good addition to an herbivore's healthy meal plan. Like other long-strand grass hays, the soft-textured Orchard Grass Hay is high in fiber, low in protein and supports the health of small herbivores by stimulating digestion, preventing obesity and making mealtime more appealing. Mix Orchard Grass Hay with other Oxbow grass hays to create a sweet and nutritious combination.
Orchard Grass is a green, fruity-smelling grass hay which many small animals enjoy. To the untrained eye, it looks identical to timothy grass, but the seed heads have a different shape.
Orchard Grass is a perennial cool season grass with flat leaf blades. The leaves vary in color from green to bluish-green depending on the maturity of the plant. The lower surface of the leaf is not shiny; and leaf sheaths can be somewhat rougher to the touch than timothy.
Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. When animals are fed free-choice hay, it promotes their natural chewing behavior, which helps prevent molar spurs and other dental problems that are so common in these small herbivores.
- Orchard Grass can be fed free choice to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, prairie dogs and other herbivores as an alternative to timothy, oat hay, and brome.
- Orchard Grass is recommended by veterinarians for small herbivores due to the nutritional content.
- Orchard Grass can be mixed with other grass hays when feeding your pet. This is encouraged because animals seem to like the variety. Mixing your grasses will encourage them to eat more hay, which is beneficial to the health of the animal. Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores.
- Orchard Grass also provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal functions by stimulating the digestive system.
- Soft texture and sweet flavor pets love
- Harvested fresh from our family of farms
- Hand-sorted and hand-packed with care
- Provides essential fiber to support digestive & dental health
- No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives
- 100% Orchard Grass Preservative and Additive Free. Loose hay contains stems, leaves, and limited seed heads.
- Single Compressed into box size: 23" x 16" x 7"
- Crude Protein min 7.00%
- Crude Fat min 1.50%
- Crude Fiber max 32.00%
- Moisture max 15.00%