Essentials ADULT Rabbit Food - 5 & 10 lb.
All rabbits need high fiber to keep their digestive systems working properly, plus basic vitamins and minerals to maximize their health. Essentials - Adult Rabbit Food combines needed fiber with stabilized nutrients to assure a well-balanced diet when served with Oxbow loose grass hays. Oxbow Animal Health's founder and owner John Miller created the industry's first timothy hay-based food for rabbits and other small herbivores, the basis of Essentials - Adult Rabbit Food.
Made from timothy grass meal, Essentials - Adult Rabbit is specifically designed to meet the particular nutritional needs of adult rabbits. Adult nutritional needs are lower than those of animals in the growth stage of life.
Rabbits are designed to eat and digest fiber found in plant material. Timothy grass hay provides the fiber necessary to maintain intestinal health, and makes Essentials - Adult Rabbit the veterinarian's number one choice for your adult rabbit.
- Available in 5 & 10 lb bags.
Always change your rabbit's food gradually to allow the digestive system time to adapt. Some rabbits are resistant to change, so time and patience are needed when switching feeds.
- Mature Rabbits (over 1 year)
- 1-4 lb. = 1/8 cup daily
- 4-8 lb. = 1/4-1/3 cup daily
- 8-10 lb. = 1/3-1/2 cup daily
- 10 lb.+ = 3/4 cup daily
- Feed in addition to unlimited grass hay.
- Transitioning to a New Food: Week 1, mix 3 parts current food with 1 part new
- Please note that these are guidelines. If your rabbit is overweight or underweight, please contact your veterinarian or Oxbow for more specific feeding information."
- Timothy hay-based
- Optimum protein level
- Ideal diet for adult rabbits
- Recommended by veterinarians
- Balanced calcium to phosphorus ratio
- High fiber from quality digestible ingredients
- Uniform pellets prevent selective feeding
- High in fiber for daily digestive health
- Fortified with vitamins and minerals for optimum health
- Formulated with the guidance of top veterinarians and nutritionists
Timothy Grass Meal, Soybean Hulls, Wheat Middlings, Soybean Meal, Cane Molasses, Sodium Bentonite, Soybean Oil, Salt, Lignin Sulfonate, Limestone, Yeast Culture (dehydrated), Vitamin E Supplement, Choline Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Copper Proteinate, Riboflavin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Biotin, Manganous Oxide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Calcium Iodate
- Crude Protein min 14.00%
- Crude Fat min 2.00%
- Crude Fiber min 25.00%
- Crude Fiber max 29.00%
- Moisture max 10.00%
- Calcium min 0.35%
- Calcium max 0.75%
- Phosphorus min 0.25%
- Vitamin A (min) 10,000 IU/kg
- Vitamin D (min) 900 IU/kg
- Vitamin E (min) 190 IU/kg